Old Blacksmith's Shop, © Hans-Peter Ronig

Alte Schmiede

Schleiden

In Herhahn, the Ronig blacksmith family looks back on an impressive history that can be traced back to the year 1650. The blacksmithing craft has been passed down through many generations in the family. The last active blacksmith was Johann Ronig, a passionate farrier and horse expert.

In his workshop, he produced, among other things, wagons, harrows, plows, and numerous agricultural tools. However, with the increasing automation and industrial production in the 1950s, the traditional craft became less and less in demand. In 1978, the forge finally closed its doors.

After many years as a storage room and garage, the historic workshop was rediscovered. The approximately 100-year-old building with its distinctive architecture and the former smoke chamber above the forge still tells of a time when the blacksmithing craft was part of everyday village life.

mehr lesen

Share content:

At a glance

Opening hours

please inquire by phone

Place

Schleiden

Contact

Alte Schmiede
Herhahn 15
53937 Schleiden-Herhahn

Homepagewrite e-mail

Bitte akzeptieren Sie den Einsatz aller Cookies, um den Inhalt dieser Seite sehen zu können.

Alle Cookies Freigeben

Plan your journey

per Google Maps